Events in Mooresville
Date: August 2, 2014
Time: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Mooresville Cruise-In Classic Car Show - First Saturday of each month through October, Mooresville Cruise-In Classic car show. Downtown Mooresville- BROAD STREET ONLY No registration or charge to attend. Invite your family and neighbors!!
Date: August 16, 2014
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Music Jam YOU ARE INVITED - Richard's Coffee Shop / Welcome Home Veteran Military Museum- Downtown Mooresville there is a music jam with some of the areas most talented musicians and always promises fun and a great crowd. 704-663-0488
Abberly Green strives to make your apartment experience enjoyable.
Tell us how we are doing!
Please take a moment to take our resident survey located under the Survey tab at www.liveabberlygreen.com. Also you can visit us at www.apartmentratings.com to let others know how your experience has been as a resident of Abberly Green!
Dates to Remember: August
August 4th - US Coast Guard Day
August 25th - First day back to school
Chef John's Macaroni and Cheese
This easy-to-make old-school macaroni and cheese has a perfectly crispy crust.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Ready In:55 Minutes
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the macaroni, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked through but still slightly firm, about 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. When the butter starts to foam and bubble, stir in the flour; cook on medium heat until flour just begins to turn pale yellow, 3 to 4 minutes. Add thyme, cayenne pepper, and white pepper; cook and stir another minute, then whisk in 1 cup of milk until smooth. Pour in remaining milk and whisk again. Bring the sauce just to a simmer.
- Stir in nutmeg, Worcestershire sauce, and salt; simmer on medium-low heat until thickened, about 8 minutes, whisking often. Turn heat off, then add 2 1/4 cups of Cheddar cheese; stir until melted and combined. Add Dijon mustard.
- Transfer the macaroni into a casserole dish, then pour in the cheese sauce; stir to thoroughly combine sauce with pasta. Mix panko bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon melted butter in a small bowl, and sprinkle crumbs on top of macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup of Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread crumbs and Cheddar cheese topping are golden brown, about 20 minutes.