Holiday Office Hours
Our office will be closed on December 23rd through December 25th and also on and January 1st. Please remember if you are expecting packages to come before the holiday, they must be picked up at our office by 5:00 pm on December 22nd. We will not be able to retrieve any packages after that day unit we return to work on December 26th.
Candy Cane Wreath
What You Need:
12" styrofoam wreath form
100 mini candy canes
hot glue or craft glue
clear sealant like Mod Podge
- Start by gathering your ingredients. You'll need miniature candy canes, of course--the exact amount will depend on the size of your wreath, but for a 12" wreath you can count on using about 80-100 mini candy canes. You'll also need a styrofoam wreath form (available at craft stores), hot glue, some ribbon, and a clear sealant like Mod Podge, to protect the wreath. You could possibly use other types of craft glue, but I like hot glue because it hardens quickly so the candy cane wreath comes together in a flash.
- Unwrap some of the candy canes (you might want to hold off on unwrapping all of them, in case you don't need them all.) Start gluing the unwrapped candy canes to the outside of the wreath, with the crooks on the outer edge of the wreath, pointing up. Because of the way wreaths curve, the candy canes won't be able to touch each other from length to tip. Instead, place them so that they touch at the inner edge of the wreath (the non-curved tip) and then naturally diverge a little at the curved tip. When all of the candy canes are placed, the slight gaps around the outer edge won't be noticeable at all.
- Continue to glue the candy canes to the wreath until the entire front surface is covered with candy canes radiating outward.
- Brush a clear craft sealant, like mod podge, over the candy canes and let it dry completely. This will protect your wreath against humidity and prevent your candy canes from liquefying in humid environments. Despite the sealant, this is still a wreath that is best displayed indoors, or during dry weather.
- Once the sealant is completely dry, loop a wide ribbon through the middle of your candy cane wreath and proudly display it! If it has been sealed properly, and if it is kept from inclement weather, you can enjoy this candy cane wreath for many holidays to come!
On December 17th, the Abberly Green will be hosting a “Jingle Mingle” in our clubhouse from
5-7pm! Stop by and enjoy some holiday treats with your favorite leasing staff! Stay tuned for more details!
French Toast Casserole
Serving Size / Yield: 8 servings
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 C. light brown sugar
- 1 loaf brioche , sliced into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 C. whole milk
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- Dash nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- 3/4 C. chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Pure maple syrup
Combine the melted butter and sugar in the evenly on the bottom of a baking dish. Arrange the bread slices on top, squeezing them in place so that they fit snugly in the casserole.
Whisk the eggs, add all the remaining ingredients except the pecans. Pour over the bread, letting it soak in. Top with pecans and cover with plastic wrap. (The casserole will not look real moist, don't worry I promise it will be so moist when you eat it.)
Keep refrigerated for at least 3 hours or up to 12 hours to set. Set out at room temperature for 20 minutes before popping into a hot oven set to 350 degrees.
Bake until lightly browned and set, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove and slightly cool if you can wait a few minutes. Serve this dish hot out of the oven or warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar and pure maple syrup.
If you are one of the residents that prefers a live tree for the holiday, we would like to remind you to dispose of it properly. We will have an area beside the exterior wall of the compactor areas. If you will just pile the trees there, our Landscaping company will be taking them away for us. Please do not place them inside the compactor or in the recycling areas. Thank you.
Dates to Remember
December 7th – Pearl Harbor Day
December 15th – National Lemon Cupcake Day
December 17th – Abberly Green “Jingle Mingle” 5-7 PM
December 21st – National Humbug Day
December 31st – New Years Eve
Abberly Green strives to make your apartment experience enjoyable. Tell us how we are doing!!!
Please take a moment to take our resident survey located under the Survey tab at www.liveabberlygreen.com. Also you can visit us at www.apartmentratings.com to let others know how your experience has been as a resident of Abberly Green!