Your air-conditioner like yourself has to work harder in these temperatures to cool you. With temperatures being in the high 90’s or higher, there are a few items you may want to consider when setting the temperature on your thermostat in your apartment in Mooresville, NC. Also remember to notify the office as soon as you notice an issue with your system. Most issues don’t get better the longer the system runs.
A few things to consider while setting your thermostat:
- Your A/C system can only cool to a certain point. Some systems may not be able to cool your home down to below 74 degrees.
- Keep your blinds closed during the day to keep the sun and heat out.
- Keep all of your windows closed and only open the door to enter or exit
- Keep your A/C running while you are not home. Turning off the system while you are not home will cause the system to run for hours before cooling your home. This also puts added stress on the system and may make it fail prematurely.
- Only raise the temperature 5-10 degrees while you are out. That way it will be comfortable when you return and won’t take as long to cool to your normal temperature.
- The A/C systems of those residents on the top floor or on the afternoon sun side of the building will have to run more to cool their home.
- Your A/C system will run longer in these temperatures. It is more difficult to cool your home in these temperatures.
- Cooking adds extra heat to your home and will cause the A/C to run longer to remove the extra heat.
- Take your long steamy showers in the morning or very late at night. It will be easier for the A/C system to remove the steam and extra heat while the outside temperatures are lower.
- If the A/C is running warm area, go ahead and cut the system off. The outside unit is probably frozen and will need to thaw before repairs can be made.