I am so excited that Easter is on its way this upcoming weekend. I love putting together my daughter’s Easter basket every year. It’s more fun than Christmas to me.
I’ve never really thought about it before reading this article, but Easter is not a very eco-friendly holiday. All the chocolate bunny packaging, fake plastic grass and egg consumption from styrofoam cartons create tons of waste! Also, let’s not forget the gas to get to our Spring Break destination.
I found some great tips from eHow about ways to reduce frivolous waste and still enjoy the Easter holiday. Follow some of these tips.
1. Reuse a hand me down Easter dress. You can opt for the bonnet too.
2. Buy candy and gifts with minimal packaging.
3. Use last year’s Easter basket this year.
4. Buy Organic eggs for dyeing. The use food coloring and vinegar to dye them.
5. Don’t buy plastic grass. Make your own with shredded paper or even better use natural straw or hay.
Hope these tips help you hop into an Earth-friendly Easter!