You are in luck if you live in an apartment in Mooresville, NC. Plenty of activities fill the schedule this week around the area. Our calendar also includes eggs and a wide range of activities from bass fishing to theater.
Some of the world’s top professional bass anglers will hit Lake Norman this weekend for the three-day Bassmasters Southern Open, with boats leaving from Blythe Landing. Weigh-ins will be held the first two days at Blythe Landing, the final day at Concord’s Bass Pro Shops.
Discovery Place Kids in Huntersville has themed this week’s Fun Friday “Eggstravaganza,” with an egg hunt and Easter egg decorating, while the Historic Rural Hill Farm in Huntersville will hold its annual Community Egg Hunt on Saturday morning. In other activities this week:
- The Davidson Public Library begins its “It Was a Book First” movie series on Wednesday with a free showing of “The Adventures of Tintin.”
- The Birdnest in downtown Davidson will host a performance Friday night by the Mike Strauss Band with special guests Junestar. A portion of ticket sales will go to Habitat for Humanity.
FRIDAY, APRIL 6
- Discovery Place Kids Fun Fridays, all day, Discovery Place Kids, 105 Gilead Road, Huntersville. This week’s DPK Fun Friday theme is “Eggstravaganza,” where kids can participate in an egg hunt and some egg-speriments, test their skills in an egg drop and decorate Easter eggs.
- Global Café, 10 a.m., Cornelius Library, 21105 Catawba Ave., Cornelius. Learn about America’s history and culture while improving your English conversational skills. No registration necessary.
- Preschool Storytime, 10:15 a.m., Davidson Library, 119 S. Main St., Davidson. Preschoolers engage with books and activities that encourage language and pre-reading skills. Hear stories, sing songs, and develop the skills needed to become a successful reader.
- Toddler Storytime, 11 a.m., Davidson Library, 119 S. Main St., Davidson. Toddlers build language skills, participate in music and movement activities, and discover the fun of books. Explore letters, sounds, and new words through stories and activities.
- Live music at The Birdsnest, 8 p.m., The Birdsnest, 102-B S. Main St., Davidson. Performance by the Mike Strauss Band with special guests Junestar. Tickets: $10, with a portion of each ticket sold going to Habitat for Humanity.
SATURDAY, APRIL 7
- Davidson Farmer’s Market, 8 a.m.-noon, downtown Davidson, next to Town Hall. 2012 opening day for the Davidson Farmer’s Market. Local farmers and vendors selling meats, produce, dairy products, baked goods, and other items. Runs every Saturday through November.
- Rural Hill Community Egg Hunt, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Historic Rural Hill Farm, 4431 Neck Road, Huntersville. The public is invited to participate in a day of free egg hunts and spoon races.
- Science Saturday Book Club for Kids, 2 p.m., Davidson Library, 119 S. Main St., Davidson. This program, designed to support science literacy, features simple interactive science experiments based upon a book will be demonstrated. This month’s titles: “Scene of the Crime” and “Crime Scene Science.”
- Sip and Shop at Wooden Stone Gallery, 4-6 p.m., Wooden Stone Gallery, 445 S. Main St., Davidson. Raffaldini Vineyards will be featured at the gallery’s monthly wine tasting. Tickets are $8 per person, and include a complimentary wine glass.