Our Property Manager, Ashleigh Fisher, gave birth to her son, Brooks Gerald Fisher on July 9th. Mom and baby are doing great!
In order to achieve optimum cool temperature results, please keep your thermostat set between 72 and 75 degrees throughout the day. Also keep in mind rooms farther away from the unit will sometimes not cool as quickly as others.
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen, shelled and deveined large shrimp, thawed
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle Mexican chile and lime marinade (recommended: Lawry's)
- Cooking oil, for grill
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 (6-ounce) bag shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion, thawed
- 1 cup prepared guacamole
- 1 lime, for garnish
1. Marinate the shrimp in the chili and lime marinade for at least 5 minutes but no more than 30 minutes.
2. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
3. Brush the grill with a paper towel that has been soaked in cooking oil. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and place on the grill. Grill the shrimp until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
4. Mix the sour cream with chipotle and adobe sauce.
5. Wrap the tortillas in a damp towel. Place on a plate and microwave for 45 seconds.
6. Build the taco with the shrimp, cabbage, onion and guacamole and top with the chipotle sour cream. Garnish with lime wedges.
Recipe copyright Sandra Lee, 2011
Dates to Remember: August
August 29 – Mooresville Graded Schools – First Day of School
Cookies will be served on Friday’s in the office after school!
Events in Mooresville
Name: Farmer's Market
Date: Every Saturday from May to September
Name: Festival of Food Trucks - Downtown Mooresville
Date: August 29, 2016
Time: 5:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Festival of Food Trucks, North Main Street (between Moore Ave & Iredell Ave) from 5 - 8:30pm. Main Street from Moore Ave to Iredell Ave will be closed for the event so bring a chair, hang out in the street and stay a while so you can check out these awesome Food Trucks from around the area, taste some gourmet fare, listen to some music, stroll the streets & shop - all Happening in Downtown Mooresville.
Name: Music on Main Outdoor Concert - Bring the Family!
Date: August 5, 2016
Time: 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM EDT
Bring the family, chairs, a blanket and enjoy jammin' sounds!
Food and Beverages available for purchase