We salute you, Veterans!
“Wall of Thanks” Tell us your story!
Are you a veteran? Do you have a friend or family member who served in our Armed Forces? If so, we’d love to hear their story!
Please submit any photographs, places served, branch, and unit for our “Wall of Thanks.”
Their stories will be displayed in the Abberly Green clubhouse throughout the month of November.
Please submit to email@example.com or bring to the office.
Veterans Day Breakfast:
Please join us on Wednesday, November 9th at 9:00am for breakfast in the clubhouse!
Events in Mooresville
Name: Puppy Up – Daveste Vinyards Walk
Won't you please join us at Daveste Vineyards for a 2 mile walk to promote awareness of canine cancer and fundraise for cancer research to benefit both pets and people? Many have provided support, sponsorship, participation and the ultimate act of kindness in teaming with us to raise awareness, funds, and continue education in the study of comparative oncology, and the links between canine and human cancer. And for this, we are eternally grateful.
Daveste Vineyards 155 Lytton Farm Road Troutman, NC 28166
Saturday, November 5th, 2016 10:30am - 1:30pm
Pre-Registration until 11/3/16: $20 Registration 11/4/16 & day of event: $25 Youth Registration (under 14): FREE
Website: click here
Name:Veterans Day Parade
Richard's Coffee Shop will be open! Parade starts in front at 11:30am. 704-663-0488.
Friday, November 11th 11:30am start
165 N. Main Street, Mooresville, NC 28115
Parade will start in front of Richards Coffee Shop, 165 N. Main Street, Mooresville
Name:Mooresville Christmas Parade
The Mooresville Parade features floats, marching bands, dance & tumbling troupes, all kinds of vintage and modern modes of transport, plus plenty of fun and entertainment for the family. For information on being a part of the parade - you can apply online www.mooresvillechristmasparade.com
Tuesday, November 22nd 3:00pm start.
Website: click here
Mooresville Christmas Parade - Main Street. The event is free and open to the public. Come join in the festivities!
No charge to attend. Bring your family, lawn chairs, blankets, and dress warm!
Welcome to Abberly Green, Jon!
Please welcome Abberly Green’s newest staff member, Jonathan Hunt, our Groundskeeper. Jon is joining us from FedEx Freight, and he lives in Denver, NC. In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his son, playing sports, and fishing. Please feel free to introduce yourself to Jon and welcome him to our community!
Southern Pimiento Mac and Cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 qt. milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound pasta (such as penne, cavatappi, or rotini)
- 2 (8-oz.) packages shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (7-oz.) jars diced pimiento, drained
- 2 (2.52-oz.) packages fully cooked bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat broiler with oven rack 8 to 9 inches from heat.
- Bring 1/4 cup salt and 4 qt. water to a boil in a large covered Dutch oven over high heat.
- Meanwhile, microwave milk in a microwave-safe 1-qt. glass measuring cup covered with plastic wrap at HIGH 3 minutes. While milk is heating, melt butter in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; add flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in hot milk. Increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a low boil, whisking often.
- Add pasta to boiling water, and cook 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, continue to cook sauce, whisking often, 6 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in cheese, onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Cover.
- Stir together panko and olive oil.
- Drain pasta, and fold into cheese sauce. Stir pimiento and bacon into pasta mixture. Sprinkle with panko mixture.
- Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Sprinkle with chives; serve immediately.
Abberly Green strives to make your apartment experience enjoyable. Tell us how we are doing!
Please take a moment to take our resident survey located under the Survey tab at www.liveabberlygreen.com. Also you can visit us at www.apartmentratings.com to let others know how your experience has been as a resident of Abberly Green!
Dates to Remember: November
November 6th – Daylight Savings Time ends
November 7th – Election Day
November 9th – Veterans Day breakfast at Abberly Green 9:00am
November 11th – Veterans Day
November 24th – Thanksgiving Day – Abberly Green Office CLOSED
November 25th – Abberly Green Office hours – 10am to 2pm