Pet Friendly Apartment Community in Mooresville, NC
Abberly Green Apartment Homes Pet Policy
Pets may be allowed at HHHunt communities provided that the appropriate fee(s) and/or deposit(s) are paid prior to acquiring the pet and upon Management approval. Any refundable deposits paid will not be used for repairs exceeding normal wear and tear until all Residents vacate the apartment and a vacating inspection has been performed. All repairs or damage made during occupancy must be paid in certified funds at the time of the repair.
The fee is a non-refundable fee and no portion of the fee will be returned to the resident(s) after the apartment has been vacated regardless of the condition of the apartment.
All Residents who have signed the Lease Contract and the Animal Addendum will be jointly and severally liable for any and all damages caused by the animal or pet. This includes damage to another person’s property or injury another person, as well as, damage to the premises.
Residents are responsible for the animal’s actions at all times. The following rules were established to ensure animals or pets do not prevent any resident from enjoying the comforts of their apartment home and community. Failure to follow these regulations may result in Management revoking the Resident’s right to have a pet on the premises or fines.
- Animals or pets may not be left in the apartment, unattended for a period of time considered inhumane to the animal, or leave the animal on the patio, balcony, or in common areas of the building unattended.
- Dog Specific Rules – Dogs are only allowed to defecate or urinate in areas away from the apartment premises. THE RESIDENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CLEANING UP ANIMAL WASTE. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN A $25.00 PENALTY. This will be charged to the resident’s account and will be collected at move-out, if unpaid, from the deposit.
- Any damage to shrubbery or landscaped areas will be the sole responsibility of the resident. DOGS MUST BE KEPT ON A LEASH AT ALL TIMES.
- The following breeds are restricted: Chow, Rottweiller, Doberman Pinscher, German Shepherd and Pit Bull. No resident or visitor may have any of these breeds within the community. Mixed breeds containing more than one of the restricted breeds will not be approved.
- Cat Specific Rules – Cats must be spayed or neutered. Outdoor cats are prohibited. Cat urine is extremely difficult to remove from carpets, walls and other porous materials inside the premises. All cats must utilize a litter box, preferably with a “hood” to protect the walls and baseboards from the damage associated with cat urine.
- If, in the opinion of management (based on reasonable complaints), the animal becomes a nuisance or exhibits aggressive behavior, the animal must be removed immediately upon receipt of written request or legal action will be initiated.
- Only the following animals are allowed in the premises: Dogs, cats, fish, pet mice, hermit crabs, hamsters, gerbils and guinea pigs. Dogs and cats must be housebroken. Any animal other than a cat or dog must be caged.
- Management reserves the right to restrict fish tanks to a maximum weight of 20 gallons on upper levels and no more than 50 gallons on the ground level of each building. If approved by Management, residents with fish tanks exceeding 50 gallons must list HHHunt as additionally insured on their renter’s insurance policy. A deposit may be required for fish tanks over 50 gallons.
- No animals other than Service Animals will be allowed into the following areas: Swimming pool areas (due to health codes, no animal is allowed to swim in the pool), laundry rooms, clubrooms, recreational facilities, or other common indoor areas.
Management may add additional rules at any time and agrees to notify Resident(s) in writing. Additional rules at specific HHHunt communities may apply and will be listed in a separate addendum and/or lease contract.