Knowing what questions to ask before leasing an apartment is one of the most important aspects of the apartment search process. Whether you’ve leased many apartments or on the hunt for your first one, there are a lot of things to consider that you may or may not know to ask about. We’re here to help! Here are all the questions to ask when leasing an apartment:
- Are utilities included in the rent?
- Are there any additional deposits, fees, or charges I should be aware of?
- Is renter’s insurance required?
- Do I have to lease an apartment for 12 months or is there flexibility?
- How do I put in a maintenance request?
- How does parking at the community work? Is there parking for guests?
- What is the community’s pet policy?
- Is there a community guest policy?
- If I choose to move later, how much notice do I have to give?
- How long does it take to get downtown/work or to shopping and dining?
- When can I access the community amenities?
The answers to these questions will help you decide on the ideal apartment so you can focus on making lasting memories and enjoying the best things in life. Are you ready to sign a lease in Mooresville? Schedule a tour at Abberly Green and our leasing specialists will show you why it’s how you live that matters and help you find the perfect apartment for you!